I’ve Got Good News from Heaven…READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Proverbs 25:25 says, “As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.”
In John 14:1-6, Jesus spoke these comforting words to His disciples: “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Do you need some GOOD NEWS today? Well, this just in – JESUS IS STILL ON THE THRONE! HEAVEN IS REAL! AND WE’LL SOON BE DONE WITH TROUBLES AND TRIALS!
I was watching the 11 o’clock “depressing” news the other night, and story after story was full of negativity. It is quite evident that this world is full of trouble, sin, and sorrow. It can be disturbing. It can be very troubling. It can almost seem that there is no hope out there at all.
But I’m glad we have “good news” from a FAR COUNTRY that will bring JOY to our hearts and comfort in the midst of life’s trouble storms. THERE IS HOPE FROM HEAVEN TODAY! I just wanted to share a few simple thoughts with you right quickly, I believe they are some good reports that we can read about today from our Bible.
1. HEAVEN IS A REAL PLACE! In John 14, Jesus reminds His own that there is a place, His “Father’s house,” and there Jesus is preparing for us a place. Jesus wants us there with Him – He said so in John 17. In spite of all that goes on down here on earth, the negativity, the sin, the crime, the pain and sorrow; one thing we can count on is this: we are not going to be here much longer. LOOK UP! REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH. We are going to a city, a land that is perfect, Holy, and righteous. I’m glad Heaven is real.
2. JESUS IS STILL ON HIS THRONE. Though the world is full of darkness, sin is rampant, Satan is working overtime to destroy lives everyday – Jesus is still alive, He is still in control, and He is still on the throne.
3. IF YOU’RE SAVED – YOU HAVE A PLACE THERE! Jesus said, “I go to prepare a PLACE for you!” I love what God told Moses in the book of Exodus. He told Moses: “There is a place by me.” Glory to God, I don’t feel at home in this world anymore, but I’m glad that I have a place where I belong, it’s Heaven!
4. If You Have Loved Ones that Have Gone on Before You – Guess what, they are still there, and they will be waiting for you around the throne of Jesus! We truly have so much more to go to Heaven for than we did yesterday! We have grandfathers and grandmothers, daddy’s and mommy’s, brothers and sisters, and many friends that have gone on before us. I’m so glad we will all be reunited in Heaven together. I heard a very convicting quote a few months back and I’ve dwelt on it since that time. ”The only thing you can take to Heaven with you is your family.” THINK ABOUT IT. You cannot take your car, your house, your bank account, your popularity – but you can take your children, your dad and mom, and your loved ones. Be sure they know Jesus today! Don’t go to Heaven without them!
5. In Heaven, ALL THINGS WILL BE MADE RIGHT! There will be no more sin, sorrow, separation, sickness! What a day that will be! That’s GOOD NEWS. You will not see a crippled man in Heaven. You will not find 1 hospital in Heaven. You will not have to worry about sin and crime and disease in Heaven. You will not have to say “goodbye” to friends and loved ones. ALL THINGS WILL BE MADE RIGHT. We will never disappoint Jesus or our loved ones again. We will not have to worry about lying and cheating and stealing. ALL THINGS WILL BE MADE RIGHT.
“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 5:1-8).